An eWallet account is a bit like having local accounts all over the world.
It’s a multi-currency account that lets you keep money in multi-fiat currencies and multi cryptocurrencies, and convert between them at the real exchange rate whenever you need.
You also get a CashCrossBorders MasterCard ® Reloadable Debit Card, account numbers. Share these details to your family, friends, suppliers, companies or customers to receive money from anywhere around the world.
Your CashCrossBorders eWallet account is like a borderless bank account but it is not a bank account, it is an Electronic Money account. It’s different from a bank account because:
- You won’t be able to get an overdraft or loan
- You won’t earn interest on your account
The main benefit of having and using the CashCrossBorders eWallet account is it provides much more privacy than a traditional bank account and much cheaper to operate; it’s like a borderless account over traditional accounts – you won’t be charged high international transaction fees or extra fees exchange rates, and your transactions are instant.
Your CashCrossBorders eWallet account is an Electronic Money account. You can send, receive and convert currencies all in one account without the need of a third party.
There’s no limit for how much you can receive and hold in your eWallet account right now, with the exception of US Dollars whose limits are shown below.
For all other currencies there is no limit to the amount that you can receive in a single payment or annually.
|All currencies excluding USD||No limit||No limit|
|USD limit, per transaction and per day||$250,000||$3,000,000|
|USD limit per year||$1,000,000||$5,000,000|
All money in your eWallet account is stored and safeguarded securely in our dedicated bank accounts in various safe and stable jurisdictions around the world.
All accounts are backed and secured by physical Bullion to the amount of the Account Balance, the Gold and Silver Bullion is stored in Singapore and the Cayman.
For example: If your account address is in Hong Kong, your money will be stored in our accounts in the Hong Kong. If your eWallet address is in NZ or Australia, your money is stored in an account in Australia. If your eWallet account address is in Singapore, your money is stored on our accounts in Singapore, and if your profile address is in the EU, your money is stored in our accounts in the UK.
Is it secure to send funds using CashCrossBorders Money Transfer?
CashCrossBorders eWallet accounts are developed with the same demands on security and performance as the sites used for bank services. Your account login, personal details and all money transactions are secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with high security 128-bit encryption, certified by VeriSign.
When you send a payment using CashCrossBorders, the recipient will not receive sensitive financial information such as your credit/debit card or bank account number.
Can I set the amount that will be received?
Yes, just tap on the They Receive field and you can set the receive amount. The amount you need to pay will then update automatically.
Can I cancel my transfer?
Transfers cannot be cancelled once we have received your payment and sent it to your chosen destination.
To Sign Up, you’ll need to:
1. Create your free account. Sign Up and Verify your eWallet to keep your account safe.
2. Select a currency. You can set up any currency with just one click.
3. Add money to your account. You can add money for free with our Fast & Easy option.
Once you’re all set up, you’re ready to:
- Send money
- Spend money (online or off line with your Debit MasterCard ®)
- Receive money
- Download our App and Sign Up – Enter your full name, email, phone number and residential address. Upon successful verification your eWallet app will open all functions with full access to your Debit MasterCard mobile account.
- You will be given the option to provide an additional verification of your identity, by uploading a clear, legible, valid and unaltered scanned color copy or photo of one of the following documents once you have downloaded our App and opened an account:
- The front and back of your driving license
• The photo page of your passport
• Front and back of your national ID card
• Address verification document
• Face match/selfie picture of your ID
Fund Your Account
Funding your account is part of the verification process. You can complete the verification of your account ONLY after a successful funding. You can fund your account by using any of upload options available in the Deposit section of your account or by receiving money from other CashCrossBorders customers or merchants.
You can start the process of uploading a copy of your photo identification documents by clicking on the banner, visible after you login to your eWallet or via the Settings section of your account, under Verification.
This will take you to the Verify your Account page where all remaining verification steps will be displayed.
Verify Your ID
You can choose to verify your account via your Facebook profile or to follow the standard verification process.
Once you start the Verify ID process, you will be presented with 3 options allowing you to complete the ID verification:
1.Download our Mobile App – this is the fastest option allowing you to download our app and use your phone camera to take photos and upload them to our secure verification system. You can download the application and use your smartphone camera in order to easily complete this verification step.
2.Use Webcam – this is a fast option allowing you to use your webcam to capture images of the front and back of your ID, as well as a selfie.
By clicking on Capture Webcam Photos you will be given the option to choose your document type and country of issuance.
The country of issuance will be preselected based on your country of registration. If your ID document is issued by another country, please select it from the drop-down menu. Failure to change to the correct country may cause upload error.
At this point you will be required to use your webcam to capture a new copy of your document and a selfie, which we will use to verify your identity.
Then you will see a confirmation screen saying that your documents have been successfully received.
After successfully using your webcam or to submit an image of your ID and selfie, both the Verify Your ID and the Verify Account Ownership steps will be IN REVIEW. You will then receive a message advising that you have been successful and can continue to the remaining verification steps.
Once the documents are successfully processed you will receive an email and the Verify Your ID and the Verify Account Ownership steps will show as COMPLETED.
- Upload ID and Picture of ID next to face – this is a slow option allowing you to upload photos of your front and back of your ID and an image of you holding your ID next to your face.
By clicking on this verification option you can choose between:
– taking pictures with your camera under Capture image with your device camera (please refer to point 2)
– uploading files from your device under Upload file from your device
When uploading a picture of yourself holding your ID next to your face you will be able to preview the images by clicking on the file name after loading. You can also upload multiple files if required at this time.
If you have not yet shared your browser location, you will be prompted to do it to fulfill the Verify your address requirement.
The geo-location service is available for selected countries only. If your country is not supported, we’ll give you the chance to manually upload an address verification document.
Once the verification process is fully completed you will receive an email confirmation.
- What is 2-factor authentication (2FA)?
The Two Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA, is an extra layer of security that requires not only a password and email address but also something that only the user has on them, i.e. a 2FA code sent to their mobile device. Using an email address and password together with a 2FA code makes it harder for potential intruders to gain access and steal that person’s personal data or identity.
- How to switch ON 2-factor authentication (2FA)?
1. In you eWallet account click on Settings and then on ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
2. In the 2-factor authentication tab click on Enable and then on Turn ON 2-factor authentication (2FA). This will open the setup window.
3. Install the Google Authenticator app from Apple app store or Google Play store on your phone.
4. Scan the QR barcode displayed to you on the setup screen.
5. Enter the code displayed by the Google Authenticator app by clicking on Enter key.
6. Click on Verify and save button in order to finalize the setup.
Once the 2-factor authentication activated, 2FA Recovery Codes will be displayed to you. These are one-time use 2FA codes. Please keep them in a safe place. If you lose your phone, these 2FA codes can be used to login to your account and generate new ones.
With 2-factor authentication turned ON, you will be required to enter your 2-factor authentication code from the Google Authenticator app during the Login into My Account, mobile app EWallet Checkout.
- You will then receive an email asking you to verify your account, click the verification link and add your mobile phone number, you will then be diverted to a Pin number Box page and receive an SMS with a Pin Code on your mobile phone, you then add this Pin Code in the Box, and you will be notified if you have verified your account.
There are two main withdrawal options that you can use in order to withdraw funds from your eWallet account.
By using the Peer-To-Peer option you can send money instantly to other CashCrossBorders users with only their email address and or mobile phone number.
- Debit MasterCard ® – with the CashCrossBorders Prepaid MasterCard ® you can make instant payments and ATM withdrawals worldwide.
- Virtual Prepaid MasterCard ® – with the CashCrossBorders Virtual Prepaid MasterCard ® you can make online purchases wherever MasterCard ® is accepted.
Note: Please note that we do not make any commissions or add a foreign exchange (FX) fee.
What fees do you charge?
The Money Transfers are carried out with zero currency conversion and zero funding fee.
Please note that a separate fee might be imposed by your bank and for ATM usage.
We have no account keeping fees and or minimum balance fees.
Our transaction fees are capped between the range from 1% to 3% – on average our fee for transactions is capped at 2.3% depending on country route and currency.
What currency does the money arrive in?
The Money Transfer will be processed in the receiver’s local currency.
Does the recipient need to have an account to receive money?
No, an account is not required to receive money using our Money Transfer service.
Can I send money to myself?
Yes, you just need to enter your name and your bank details, or your mobile number. The process is the same as sending to someone else.
What happens if my transfer via CashCrossBorders Money Transfer fails?
If your card or bank deposit fails, you will receive an automated email with the transaction details.
If your deposit was successful, but for some reason the Money Transfer fails, your payment will be refunded back to your card or bank account as fast as possible. To see the status of every transfer you make with Money Transfer check the “My transfers” section.
Note: Please make sure you enter the recipient’s details correctly – phone number, beneficiary’s names, bank account or eWallet account number.
Will CashCrossBorders report my transfers to the Tax Authorities?
At this time we are not reporting this information to any tax authority. We are still evaluating the impact of the Common Reporting Standards to our business, including FATCA, and how we will adopt the new requirements.
Who do I have to report my taxes to?
Customers are required to disclose and pay any necessary taxes associated with transfers made through our systems.
We recommend you seek tax advice if you are unclear on the implications of a specific transaction.
Does CashCrossBorders charge any taxes?
CashCrossBorders does not levy any tax on its transfer fee service. This means you will not be charged Value Added Tax (VAT), Goods and Services Tax (GST) or any other indirect tax.